Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So That Explains It....

It's that time of year again. And if I was the type of person to believe in this kind of thing, I would warn you to be very careful. . . until June 19th.
Mercury is appearing to be retrograde, and that means do not go anywhere. Stay inside. Where you are safe. Do not call anyone. Don't use your garbage disposals or computers (too late). Do not get a haircut. Just hide. Just kidding. But really- the general effect of Mercury retrograde is annoyance. And for me--that just may explain it.
Sure, I enjoy reading my horoscope from a semi-reputable publication (?) every now and then... and I've been known to search for what my-birthday-says-about-me in those books. Oh, and as for giving zodiac signs any credibility when determining compatibility of a potential love interest? Guilty. 
So, I guess it's only fitting that until June 19th, I may be a little more conservative. I'm just saying, that as a rule, retrograde planets tend to predict a period of 'seemingly inevitable' or 'fated' events that relate to their sphere of influence. That being said, Mercury has turned retrograde in Gemini.... which means it has a higher possibility of effecting communications, verbal activity, technology, transportation,  appointments.... Just don't sign legal documents. 
No, but really. I guess that Mercury is said to rule thinking and perception, communication, commerce, education, transportation- and to influence all people who work in these areas. This includes writers, commentators, critics, teachers, travelers, etc. Mercury is allegedly all about mental clarity and the power of the mind and such things. So, basically do not make important decisions, and do not listen to the important decisions others are making at this time. 
Even if you're not into believing in the cosmos, and I think that in our society we may just be a little more ego-fixated rather than 'astrologically-fixated'.. you may still find it a little bit interesting that the Bush-Gore election in 2000 took place on the day when Mercury retrograde peaked. In my opinion, if there is such thing as a Classic Mercury Retrograde Presidency, this is it.
Although I find this to be very interesting, amusing, and quite possibly a bit true in my life.. I'm not really sure I completely believe in or abide by all of this. But just in case, I am backing up my computer and going back to bed.