the day we are supposed to count our blessings,
I have realized that sometimes it's the every day things
that make me catch my breath-
remind me of how much I am truly filled with gratitude for-
how fortunate and I really am.
Beyond thankful for my safe, happy, healthy family and friends-
the little things that are sometimes forgotten,
shuffled to the side,
in the big picture.
The last few mornings have been a little rough- not the smoothest sailing for me.
Little hitches in my giddy-up...
But, in reflection, it has taken those little sticks in my spokes
for me to focus on all the good and all I really do have. ....
Grateful:
-Grateful that I have this sight to behold as I type...
-for the fact we can go buy another space heater to keep us warmer
-that a simple call to the gas company brought back the warm water
-that while we were waiting for the warm water, we were able to share a beautiful meal together
-that I have more oatmeal to try again this morning not to burn
-that Tilly has a little yard to explore in, even if it means finding and 'consuming' small animals
-that we have a vet right up the street to call if this 'condition' does not improve
-that we have hot coffee
-that we have each other
-that we have so many coats, jackets, sweaters, hoodies, warm socks and slippers to keep us warm
-that I have someone to keep me warm and to give me giant, cozy hugs goodbye in the morning
-that there's always today for the barista not to mess up my drink at Starbucks (kidding)
-for the wonderful friends I am blessed to also have as co-workers with whom I can laugh and chat away the rest of the day
-for this:
-Grateful that I have this sight to behold as I type... (and I love that Jordan texted me as I was taking this picture
and it actually showed up in the photo!- it says:
"Plan on us and a Xmas walk with T tonight")
-Grateful that I have an Xmas walk with my two Number Ones to look forward to tonight)
I know these some of these things are silly
things to be grateful for- but as I always say "it's the little things".
They really make life sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment