Trying to 'document' some of the final weeks. As you can tell, I am getting progressively more tired and haggard looking! I have had a great pregnancy and have pretty much felt as comfortable as I imagine one can possibly feel while carting around a little human and all the extra things that come along with that. I really feel blessed that things have been relatively uncomplicated and I've been up and about feeling pretty great.
Well, I think I'm starting to turn a corner. That corner of the race where you know it is either give it all you got or succumb to that side ache and insatiable thirst and just walk to the finish line. If you've ever run a race, you know that the later is not really an option in this situation, even though it is the only thought that sounds good to your brain and body. But you push on through, and I push on through. There is no stopping now. (And I realize I haven't even gotten to the labor part yet)!
A good night's sleep is progressively getting more stressful. Even the hideous body pillow and the "S" position I worked so hard to perfect the past nine months is starting to let me down. I just can't seem to accommodate the belly. And the potty breaks. Every two hours on the dot last night. I know it is "practice", and I do revel in the silence you can actually hear in this house in the wee hours, but it leaves me with puffy eyes (see pictures) and feeling like a zombie the next morning. I know I am in for it.
I am trying not to complain, I understand this is all part of the process. I'm merely saying: the end is near. My body and my baby are telling me that there is no more room at the inn and it's almost time. I am trying my best to create this balance between rest and clean, organize, reorganize, walk and sit, finish projects and create as many new ones as I can before I run out of time and we are bolting off to the hospital to meet this little bird.
As for the question "Are you ready?", how can one even begin to answer that?! I suppose we are ready. We have the gear. We are registered at the hospital. But can you ever be ready for the biggest thing to happen to you in your life thus far? I'm not sure how you could be.
But here we sit, on the brink of something amazing, wonderful, life changing and miraculous. We begin each day wondering if today will be the day. I can't help but think with each errand, "Will my water break at Trader Joe's?". The countdown is on. Ten days until the actual 'due date'. We wait with anticipation and wonder.
Well, I think I'm starting to turn a corner. That corner of the race where you know it is either give it all you got or succumb to that side ache and insatiable thirst and just walk to the finish line. If you've ever run a race, you know that the later is not really an option in this situation, even though it is the only thought that sounds good to your brain and body. But you push on through, and I push on through. There is no stopping now. (And I realize I haven't even gotten to the labor part yet)!
A good night's sleep is progressively getting more stressful. Even the hideous body pillow and the "S" position I worked so hard to perfect the past nine months is starting to let me down. I just can't seem to accommodate the belly. And the potty breaks. Every two hours on the dot last night. I know it is "practice", and I do revel in the silence you can actually hear in this house in the wee hours, but it leaves me with puffy eyes (see pictures) and feeling like a zombie the next morning. I know I am in for it.
I am trying not to complain, I understand this is all part of the process. I'm merely saying: the end is near. My body and my baby are telling me that there is no more room at the inn and it's almost time. I am trying my best to create this balance between rest and clean, organize, reorganize, walk and sit, finish projects and create as many new ones as I can before I run out of time and we are bolting off to the hospital to meet this little bird.
As for the question "Are you ready?", how can one even begin to answer that?! I suppose we are ready. We have the gear. We are registered at the hospital. But can you ever be ready for the biggest thing to happen to you in your life thus far? I'm not sure how you could be.
But here we sit, on the brink of something amazing, wonderful, life changing and miraculous. We begin each day wondering if today will be the day. I can't help but think with each errand, "Will my water break at Trader Joe's?". The countdown is on. Ten days until the actual 'due date'. We wait with anticipation and wonder.



No comments:
Post a Comment