The commencement of this style of writing is three fold...
1.) Write.
2.) Stop wasting time.
3.) Declutterifying my life.
I think the first two go hand-in-hand. It as a way to get back to my 'roots', and my love... writing... something that I enjoy and have always enjoyed and try to do as much as possible...which, quite honestly amounts to absolutely never these days. I do not have time. I have so much going on in my life, when could I possibly have time to write, 'blog', (is that a verb?). I went as far as to go to the bookstore, purchase a new journal, new pencil (!), and vowed to get down and dirty and back to writing... That day I wrote about a paragraph, and haven't gone back to that book since.
Which leads to the third bullet point. Ironically, writing is all I ever seem to do. So much so, it turns into clutter. Mental clutter and physical clutter. My writing happens in a non-linear fashion these days. So, I am thinking of this as a way to possibly organize the massive amount of ideas, perspectives, comedy sketches, recipes, reviews, rants, raves, inventions, photos, etc. in my brain...and my life...rather than clutter it further by allowing other peoples' stuff to enter (reading OPBs and other random useless interweb findings).... A spilling out of useless information to anyone other than me, rather than ingesting this type of stuff. Although this is wonderful sometimes too, but does nothing to get me closer to writing my own stuff.
So, I enter the Big Bad Blog World a little apprehensively... I mean, I don't know about those "Happy One Year Anniversary, Blog!" posts I read and personifying my Blog to be my side-kick or my go-to.. but I do know I am the type of person that carries a paper and pencil everywhere I go as to not miss an idea. I think I just have too many ideas, like an over-stimulated brain. I can't stop thinking for a second. I can't even sleep! It's really out of hand, as a spend an entire 45 minute 'workout' on the eliptical machine texting myself things to write down later or 'not to forget', because I don't have a pen or a paper (I'm working out, duh)! So, what I'm saying is these things need to go somewhere. Maybe they're meant to be shared, I don't know.. But they're definitely meant to be written down. And I'm sick of no matter how hard I try to declutter my life, I always end up sitting down to throw away all these amazing ideas, thoughts, perspectives of the world that I have written while waiting at the car wash on a old reciept I found on the ground... or restaurants to try I have scribbled on some cocktail napkin found in my purse...or something hilarious I saw or thought of I jotted on an appointment card from my doctor...
I guess the conventional journal with blank, crisp pages isn't working. And it's not like I'm going to journal all these wonderful receipts, not-sticky-anymore post-it notes, bank statements all tagged up.. like my own personal Found Magazine.. But they are constantly found in any junk drawer, purse, bookshelf, glove compartment of my life!
As well as the 'I don't have time' excuse isn't working... I spend many a moment reading up on Other People's Blogs, people I don't even know and things I don't even care about. Sometimes people I do know and stuff I don't care about... Not to mention the wee hours of the morning wasted on (gasp) Facebook or other oppressive time stealers. There are no more excuses!
Sooo.. I see me starting a blog as a necessity. A way to manage my insanity, organize my life, and one step closer to my goal of decluttering my life. I'm not going to be as conceited as to think that anyone will ever gain anything from or even read this.. but at least I'll know where to find it. And we won't have to worry about having to squeeze yet another file cabinet into our munchkin-sized beach house.
Oh, and I'm sure it's probably another hip thing in this blogesphereland to call your blog something about anti-blogging. (Although I know, too, that many people live their entire lives in a pro-blogging spirit). But I could not start this without first acknowleding and owning the fact I may have even sworn aloud that I will never become a blogger...and for all my friends that will give me hell for becoming the worlds biggest hypocrite the moment I hit 'post' on this entry... But what can I say... It came to me in a dream. And it's bound to make my world a better place.
PS... I told my friend, life coach, and professional organizer about this idea... and she thinks it is brilliant! (www.yournaturalorder.net)
2 comments:
Good job.
HAPPY ONE DAY BITHDAY, BIG BAD BLOGEROONY.
HA. LOVE YOU AND AM GLAD YOU'RE TAKING THE PLUNGE. LOL.
Post a Comment