Thursday, November 19, 2009

Break in the Rhythm...


The past four days have once again brought me to a place of sheer gratitude- grateful to be on the 'road to recovery'. Grateful for my health and for that of those I love. For a furry, four-legged best friend to sit, lay, walk, cry, just "be" by me in my best and in my worst moments. For a two-legged, auburn-haired best friend who brings me lip balm, soup, grilled cheese, tea, and hugs to warm me inside and out, who tidies the kitchen in the dark of the wee hours of morning before embarking on his own long day- and who loves me just as I am, no matter how much of a mess-- and who works his tail off for lil' ole us here at the home front. For a family who is there to listen to me, hacking and all, while I can hear the honest love in their voices through the phone lines, and feel it in their texts. For a work family who graciously covers and works my missed shifts. For friends who send their love and hours of blogs to keep me busy.
This season has brought me to a place of focusing on what I have- and how wonderful it all really is. The break in my healthy, care-free, usual, day-to-day rhythm has been a rough one. I can not remember being this sick in many, many (maybe ever?) years. My days have consisted of the cozy bed and not a whole lot else - not even an egg nog latte in sight! Now that I am starting to peek around the corner to the other side- I am reminded that even a break in the rhythm is good once in a while. (Albeit doesn't always come in the form of illness).. But recharge, rest, recoup, give myself an daily agenda that consists of literally nothing more than making it through the day, feeling a little better at the end... I may have had to miss out on some stuff these past few days, but checking out and into my bed has helped me to appreciate the blessings in my life.


No comments: