-to be the 'fun mom' I have always dreamed I'd be
-to not take everything too seriously
-to introduce you to the smell and calm of the ocean, often
-that you have your own ideas
-that you are the most divine miracle your dad & I could ever ask for
-that you came to make our family 3 people, in just the perfect timing
-to sing you "you are my sunshine", like "back in our days of getting stuck in traffic, in utero"
-that each stage, phase, day is fleeting and no matter how joyous or how hellish, we will never have that moment again
-that knowing me, I will look back one day on everything and wonder how it flashed so quickly before my eyes
-that you are the one that is making me a mommy
-how much gut-wrenching love I felt for you already, the first time I saw your little embryotic heart beat
-that I can make it thru the day/week/month with less sleep than I would choose
-the first time your daddy felt you kick and his ear-to-ear grin and jaw-dropped expression
-the first time I felt you moving around in my tummy
-that I went ten months without coffee, champagne, sushi, & brie- and for you- it was not a problem at all!
-to let you go/grow at your own pace
-to let you make things with your own hands
-to keep a journal for you
-to remember things
-to know what you are passionate about
-to not be too permissive
-to have family dinners as often as possible
-to take family walks as often as possible
-to get messy and let you get messy
-to play outside a lot
-to always be present and mindful
-to let you find the wonder of this world in the way only you will be able to
-to give you the best life experiences we can possibly give
-that the most important 'thing' we will ever be able to give you is unconditional love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment