Every year around this time, I start to crave some seasons. Or some 'weather'... I feel so lucky to still have family in Portland to get my dose of winter around Christmas time. Last night was the first night it felt cold getting into bed- the sheets were cold and I could actually feel the temperature dropping. We're even supposed to get rain this week!
I still remember the first time I experienced rain here. I was downtown and literally heard moms talking about going to get their kids at school?!?! The folks at the library were talking about closing, and everyone at the laundromat was rushing to get their clothes and head home. Where it was safe. From... RAIN?! ! I was flabbergasted! But the funny thing was, when the rain did come, our entire 'Main Street' was flooded and water was literally rushing off our roof. It really was insanity. No one could drive, cars were crashing left and right, and don't even think about going outside! This little city is not made for rain. But the most amazing part of this whole 'weather' experience was the fact that a few hours later, the sun broke through the clouds, and we were back to sunny California before you knew it!
I decided rain wasn't so bad if it wasn't day-in-day-out of getting drenched, showing up everywhere soaking wet, grey skies looming for weeks, the way I was used to rain.
The other great thing about living at the beach in the wintertime: we still see the most beautiful sunsets. This was last night's.
No comments:
Post a Comment