I know I am indecisive, and I also love Valentine's Day, my birthday and the summer... but really? Reallly?! Every year in October, I start feeling that feeling.... the 'holidays' are right around the corner and my heart is a'buzzzzzz. Hands-down, the fall/winter season is my favorite. There are just so many wonderful things to savor at this time of year. And there is an energy and spirit in the air. I know the holidays are a hard time for so many people, and I also know that some people are just bah humbug. But I find it just so much fun! If you resist the craziness of over-consumerism and stay out of the road raged freeway lanes, there seems to be a peace about this time of year. It really is a juxtaposition. However, this year (even more than last), we are planning to make our gifts, as a family. (Tilly even has her own white cheffy hat). That time spent together, coupled with the fond thoughts of all our fabulous friends and family, makes for such a uncomparable time of year. And not to mention shopping a little, jingle bells, hanging up mistle toe, enjoying holiday window displays, holiday music on itunes, Martha Stewart Baking and Holiday issues, pomegranate season, hanging up twinkling lights (and some pretty awesome vintage Santa lights this year), mulled wine, finding the perfect tree and the perfect spot in your home for it to live for the season, egg nog in coffee (or in anything), cinnamon potpurri simmering on the stove, local tree-lighting festivius and open houses, parties, seasonal microbrews or seasonal versions of any food and drink, really (i.e. gingerbread lattes)... Ah... I could go on.
Friday, November 21, 2008
'Tis the Season!
I know I am indecisive, and I also love Valentine's Day, my birthday and the summer... but really? Reallly?! Every year in October, I start feeling that feeling.... the 'holidays' are right around the corner and my heart is a'buzzzzzz. Hands-down, the fall/winter season is my favorite. There are just so many wonderful things to savor at this time of year. And there is an energy and spirit in the air. I know the holidays are a hard time for so many people, and I also know that some people are just bah humbug. But I find it just so much fun! If you resist the craziness of over-consumerism and stay out of the road raged freeway lanes, there seems to be a peace about this time of year. It really is a juxtaposition. However, this year (even more than last), we are planning to make our gifts, as a family. (Tilly even has her own white cheffy hat). That time spent together, coupled with the fond thoughts of all our fabulous friends and family, makes for such a uncomparable time of year. And not to mention shopping a little, jingle bells, hanging up mistle toe, enjoying holiday window displays, holiday music on itunes, Martha Stewart Baking and Holiday issues, pomegranate season, hanging up twinkling lights (and some pretty awesome vintage Santa lights this year), mulled wine, finding the perfect tree and the perfect spot in your home for it to live for the season, egg nog in coffee (or in anything), cinnamon potpurri simmering on the stove, local tree-lighting festivius and open houses, parties, seasonal microbrews or seasonal versions of any food and drink, really (i.e. gingerbread lattes)... Ah... I could go on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment