Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's so hard to say goodbye..

I'm still working on not letting the "taking of the photo" get in the way of letting the moment happen... Which explains the blur on this photo, taken on one of the walks with my parents. End of sunset on a stormy day.
That kind of explains how I feel when they're gone...
Bittersweet. More sweet than bitter, but missing them.
I know we all have our own lives, homes, etc happening right now... and it's great the way it is. Their visits here are extremely special and every moment is savoured.
Our visits 'home' are not taken for granted.
Even the little things like going to the market, shopping, walking, eating together.... are all so much fun when they are here.
However, I am really looking forward to the day when we are all closer. Then we won't have to wait months to have our next meal together.
But for now, I will relish the moments we just shared: walking in the rain with Tills trottin along side in her new raincoat, tj's shoppin and meal planning, hearing my dad profess his new love for rice crackers-declaring them 'off the hook', dancing along to their snappy little cell phone ringer, great chats with my mom on long walks, sharing all the goodies mom bought for just about everyone she knows, good times on our walks all together, hanging in SD with my sis and fam, shopping with mom and being awakened to the wonderful world of 'discount stores', meals shared and prepared together, treats galore!, so many good times and memories made.
When I am around them, I remember how precious life is.
I am inspired by my mom to take care of myself & others more (which is ironic because she's always taking care of others)- exercise and walk more and how great it makes you feel.
I am inspired by my dad to take care of 'stuff' more.... to not procrastinate... and to be 'aware'. Inspired by both of them by their example...
That life is about being together, family, love, laughter; lots of good laughs.
Here I sit with all my new 'treats', basking in the glow of their visit, memories made, and looking forward to the next one.
Thanks for everything, Mom & Dad.

No comments: