Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Soaked.

This photo does not show the severity of the rain "storm" we are in the midst of here in lovely Los Angeles. My car felt like it was floating down our storm-drain-less roads. I literally called off a drive downtown due to the rain. I feel so lame, being from Oregon and all... but not only was it the type of rain where you can not see out your windshield, it was not draining off the roads at all! Thankfully this happens only a few times a year, and I don't even think I've ever seen it this bad. I am so grateful for all the brave souls who are getting soaked right now. I understand most people's jobs don't just stop because it's wet! I was feeling so bad for our beloved trash collectors today as they were dripping all to take care of our trash. I just hope they and everyone out in this today are able to go home to a nice warm home, soak in a nice hot tub, and enjoy a nice cuppa hot cocoa. I am praying silent prayers all day for those homeless and cold, wet, less fortunate than us. My heart goes out to them. My gratitude is also on my sleeve for my trouper of a husband who is looking out for me, and who has to drive home tonight in this stormy-ness. Praying for the safety of all. Feeling so blessed and fortunate.



1 comment:

KBB said...

You'd never know you were from Portland. We're drenched daily up here. Makes you appreciate living in the sunshine. My advice is don't leave it! I miss the way I felt living without seasonal depression. I left my heart in Austin! xoxoxo Miss you!